Friday, February 13, 2009

Days Of Our Vacation (Day Ten)...Series Finale

Previously on Days Of Our Vacation, Loly and Kevin did nine days worth of things.

And now...Days Of Our Vacation:

We woke up for french toast. Loly likes french toast like a fat kid loves...well, probably french toast. She spent the previous night looking up a good old fashioned breakfast place just to get french toast. She has a problem and I want to get that problem in writing in case it ever comes to anything. The french toast was acceptable to her (thankfully...have you seen Ben Stiller in Mystery Men?) and we left the restaurant to take in a movie.

When we got to the theater, a car pulled up to the front and let a kid (11 or 12 years old) out. The kid ran around the front of the car as the mom rolled forward and hit the kid. The kid (who shops in the husky section if you catch what I'm putting out there) awkwardly hopped and jumped to keep from falling under the car. For some reason, the mother kept rolling and didn't stop until literally 10 feet later. The kid was fine and was even giggling like it was fun. I guess there's no better motivation to lose weight than with fear of vehicular homicide. Mental note for when I have a chunky offspring.

We saw Frost/Nixon which is the movie in which famed poet Robert Frost uses a time machine to travel to the late 90s to interview Cynthia Nixon from Sex and the City. I know you are thinking I'm being preposterous but apparently 75 percent of the movie was fabricated so it may as well have been. Was Richard Nixon even President? I feel like I did after The Perfect Storm. (Why won't you just try to swim, Marky Mark!!! Give it a shot, you quitter!!) Still, Frost/Nixon was an entertaining movie and definitely worth a watch.

We spent the rest of the time between the movie and dinner getting our bags ready to leave in the morning. Dinner was at Fogo de Chao. 

If you have never been to a Churrascaria and you like delicious meat, you have not been living your life right. What happens at these places is men come around with knives and large skewers of meat. At the table, you are given a coaster. The coaster has a red side and a green side. Green side means bring on the meat. Red side means I'm a loser and can't eat like a grown up. Either that or stop. When the meat men come, they identify the meat (lamb, prime rib, filet mignon, etc.) and then you accept or decline. I couldn't stop accepting. Loly had to drag me out of the restaurant when I started speaking in carnivorous tongues. Little did she know that I kept coaster and they are still bringing me meat even as I type this in New Jersey. Mmmmm, that will be all, Hernan.

Thank you all for reading this. It was nice to relive the trip. We had a great time.

No comments: