Thursday, February 12, 2009

Days Of Our Vacation (Day Nine)

Previously on Days Of Our Vacation, Loly and Kevin indulged in lobster mashed potatoes. Thankfully, they were in Scottsdale and not in Ireland in 1847.

And now...Days Of Our Vacation:

My friend, Joe, works for the PGA Tour and was able to use his connections to score us tickets to the event taking place in Scottsdale. And people say he can't do things.

The tournament is famous for the Par 3 16th hole. The hole is completely surrounded by stadium seating. The atmosphere is something out of "Gladiator" except there are over 1000 Joaquin Phoenixes and they're all wearing polos. When a player misses the green off the tee, the fans unmercifully rain down boos. It's incredible. Some old guy sitting next to me literally harrumphed and said, "This is so unprofessional." Normally, I would agree but I chose to go with the mob. The only thing unprofessional was the performance of the guy who just missed that putt. HISSSSSSSSSS!

After Loly dragged me away and made me throw out my Callaway pitchfork, we went to the pro shop to get Joe a thank you souvenir. As we exited the shop, security guards told us to hold our positions. George H. W. Bush rode by as part of a presidential caravan of golf carts. I believe it can also be called a presidential caracart. It was good to see him out and about. Last time I saw him, he was banging Ruth Fisher and that was a while ago.

Loly and I finished our time at the event sitting in the shade on the 18th hole and watching Phil Mickelson end his round. Not too bad. Thanks, Joe.

We left the golf course and decided to have dinner at a restaurant that really stood out when we passed it: Pink Taco.

That's right. We had supper at a vagina euphemism and let me tell you, it was delicious. They have awesome Mexican food. If you are ever in the vicinity of this lady part eatery, have the tamale appetizer. Rockin'.

We finished the evening by grabbing some dessert at a cafe and bringing it back to the room. We put on "Rachel Getting Married" and Loly cried herself to sleep. The movie is good but I was surprised that Anne Hathaway played neither Rachel, Getting, or Married. She needs better agents.

Tune in tomorrow to see how we spent our last day in Scottsdale on Day 10 or Days of Our Vacation...

No comments: