Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tor's News Nuggets: 6/11/09

A new element will be added to the Periodic Table making me glad I got out of high school when I did. Good luck memorizing 112 elements, suckers. The new element's name is Ununbium. I would have gone with just Bium but you know scientists. Those nerds like their element names like the tongue on the hot alien girl from "Species."

Real Madrid has spent 131 million dollars to acquire Ronaldo from Manchester United. To put that into terms you can understand, that's almost 50 cents per US citizen that could care less about this story.

Venezuela has banned Coca Cola products from being allowed in the country citing health concerns. This does nothing to change my belief that Venezuelans are made out of Pop Rocks.

Scientists have found that going to work sick does more harm than good. The research for the project was funded by every employee in the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, made out of pop rocks. Thats priceless.