Thursday, May 14, 2009

American Idol - Top 3 (Part 2)

Dear Danny,

To say my feelings for you have changed since I started blogging this season of American Idol would be a nice way of putting it. It's not your fault that the judges were incapable of giving you any negative comments except for the occasional "clumsy" or "too much swagger." You and Adam were their favorite and, conspiracy theories about Simon helping you through so his March prediction on Leno would be correct aside, you used to be my favorite. Therefore, I feel it's only right that I go back in time and ask March Kevin to write the goodbye.

Sincerely,
Current Kevin

~~SCENE~~

Current Kevin gets in a time machine and goes back to March 18. He walks into March Kevin.

March Kevin
What the-

Current Kevin
There's no time for that. I'm you from the future.

March Kevin
I guess not very far in the future.

Current Kevin
I'm from May. I need you to write a letter saying goodbye to Danny Gokey from American Idol for the blog. He got voted off in Top 3 week.

March Kevin
You have a time machine and this is what you use it for. Did something happen to me that resulted in brain damage? I'd like to avoid it.

Current Kevin
Look, can you do it? I wanted Danny to get a nice send-off and I can't do it because I don't like him anymore.

March Kevin
Wow. You did have an accident. How could you not like Danny?

Current Kevin
You'll see. Just write the letter. Do it for Danny.

March Kevin sits down and writes the letter. He hands it to Current Kevin.

Current Kevin
Well, good luck to you.

March Kevin
So how are the Mets doing?

Current Kevin
Ok.

March Kevin
Oliver Perez?

Current Kevin
Just as you feared. Farewell.

Current Kevin gets back in the time machine.

~~END SCENE~~

This is what March Me wrote:

Dear Danny,

I was saddened to hear that you will be voted off American Idol. I have enjoyed the performances of yours that I have seen. I'm guessing it's a travesty that you are not going to make the Finals. Seriously, though, what happened? You were the front runner. I heard Qkcrisseette got in over you. How did that happen? What did you do? Did you stop playing the wife card? I'm just baffled. I just watched you sing "Jesus Take The Wheel" and it was fantastic. You deserve better than third in my book. Well, my March book. You will be missed when the time comes for me to miss you. Make a great album, Gokes.

Sincerely,
March Kevin

Final Thoughts: I forgot that I called him Gokes. Wow, that takes me back. I was as shocked as Kris when they said he was safe. I am so happy. Now, it doesn't matter who wins. I get my money's worth of Kris and we move on. Though, as much as I like Kris, how awful would a Kris/Danny finale have been? Eek. Lowest ratings ever. Danny had a great run and he will sell some records. I see him having an Elliot Yamin-like career even though that doesn't seem to fit him. Then again, it doesn't fit what I saw for Elliot either. See you next week when Adam takes the crown and Kris gets to sing three more songs. Everybody wins!

3 comments:

jim said...

Well Kevin You were with Kris for a while now. He has a chance however slight. But only 1m votes between Kris and Adam.
If you start dialing now you might put him over the top.
Good luck and great March Kevin !!

Kevin Tor said...

It's true and I do believe Adam will win. I'm just very happy for Kris. I think he is very talented and can use this opportunity (2nd place) to start a great career making music I want to listen to. (Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, John Mayer, etc.)

jim said...

Kevin you Rock ! And you have a great taste in music!! It's all good!!