Friday, March 27, 2009

Tor Vs. Z100 (Part 3)

Parts 1 and 2. Some people would say that an unknown, most likely not funny comedian going after a large media powerhouse like Z100 and Elvis Duran would be a foolish undertaking. To those people I say, "WHAT'S THAT OVER THERE?" Now that they're distracted, I thought I would present to you something that I did when I got the following comment:

Lmao oh god i was listening to Z100 and they mentioned this XD

Growing up in Jersey, I was pretty psyched that Z100 played my song. So psyched that when I was in the shower, I decided to practice my interview for when I would be on because they were totally going to call me up and ask me about it. Here is how I imagined the interview:

Elvis Duran
We're on with Kevin Tor, writer of the parody Butterface.

Kevin
What's going on, Elvis?

Elvis Duran
Very funny stuff.

Kevin
Thank you.

Elvis Duran
What made you write it?

Kevin
It just popped into my head after hearing Poker Face. So I wrote the lyrics and met with my friends Eric Fortin and Jen Kwok and we threw it together.

Elvis Duran
Jen Kwok sang it.

Kevin
That's correct. She did a great job and she was the body in the video.

Elvis Duran
That's what I wanted to get to. You made a video for this song that is just as funny.

Kevin
Yeah, we shot it at Comix, a comedy club I sometimes perform at.

Elvis Duran
In New York City.

Kevin
That's right.

Elvis Duran
...

Kevin
So...

The interview keeps going but I thought I'd stop here to spare you. Even my fantasy interview with Z100 is boring! It's a freakin' fantasy! There should be clowns and money given to me in exorbitant amounts that I don't deserve for writing a song parody! I can't even make Z100's morning show awesome in my dreams! That should be a major determining factor in who wins this war.

I am better than Z100. What would you rather have? A successful, syndicated professional morning show or a guy who blogs to 10 people on a weekly basis? I turn that decision over to you, radio stations. I could be your future. I've made 2 song parodies in the last 2 years. How many have they made? Hundreds? It's all about quality and I haven't heard theirs but mine's better because my mother says so. That's right, radio stations. I have my mother's backing. Do they?

-This message is paid for by the committee to give Kevin Tor all the radio stations that Elvis Duran and his morning show appear on.

1 comment:

jim said...

Thanks Mom !! You didn't raise a dummy!! Tor keep those parodies coming !!