Monday, October 6, 2008

Is That A Gunn In My Pocket? I Wish!

I watch Project Runway. I've watched it since Season One when my wife and I got hooked on a Saturday Bravo marathon and didn't move from the couch for six hours. Now we are near the end of Season Five and I've been there for every "auf wiedersehen" and catty confessional along the way. However, what I love most about this show is Tim Gunn. I wish there was a Tim Gunn in my house at all times guiding me through my comedy creations.

I could be editing my YouTube video:

Tim Gunn
Kevin, what do we have here?

Kevin
This is my latest YouTube video. I was going for funny but different.

Tim Gunn
I'm concerned. It feels late 1990s SNL .

Kevin
It does? I guess I can cut it more here and here.

Tim Gunn
I would. Cut it as much as possible.
(beat)
Well, you have a lot of work to do.

Kevin
Thanks, Tim.

I could be writing a blog:

Tim Gunn
Kevin, tell me about this.

Kevin
I was trying to take the traditional blog and turn it on it's head.

Tim Gunn
It's definitely avant-garde.

Kevin
It is? I mean, it is.

Tim Gunn
It's exquisite. I love it. Carry on.

Kevin
Thanks, Tim. That makes me so happy.

When I get booted out of comedy:

Tim Gunn
We're going to miss you.

Tim Gunn hugs Kevin.

Kevin
(crying)
I'm going to miss you, too, Tim.

Tim Gunn
Now pack up your Mac and your camcorder. You're going back to teaching.

Cut to Kevin in the confessional.

Kevin
(to camera, choked up)
I really don't want to give up on comedy. I love it too much. This is not the end of the line for me. You will hear the name Kevin Tor again.

1 comment:

H. Alan Scott said...

i want tim gunn to have his way with me and then sew me back up again. seriously, i have such a crush on him.

is that gross?