Monday, November 3, 2008

Going To The Movies: Hiro Nakamura

I took Heroes' Hiro Nakamura to see Max Payne with me. I've been meaning to go to the movies with him for a while but he's been too busy sucking the life out of his TV show to make it. Finally, the timing worked out.







Kevin
Thanks for being on the show.

Hiro
Thank you for having me.

Kevin's chair falls. He gets up off the ground and sees the chair only has three legs. Someone brings a new chair.

Kevin
What the hell?

Hiro
"Sucking the life out of his TV show."

Kevin
Excuse me?

Hiro
I read the transcript of this show.

Kevin
You went forward in time just to read how this conversation was going to go and then you froze time to saw the leg off of my chair? 

Hiro smiles and nods.

Kevin
You really are a waste of superpowers.

Kevin is all of a sudden naked.

Kevin
And now you've undressed me. This is real mature.
(crosses legs)
We should talk about the movie. How did you feel about it?

Hiro
A hero does not act like that. A hero is not reckless.

Kevin
Yeah, but with your back against the wall and nothing to lose, don't you do whatever it takes to remove evil?

Hiro
A hero must be mentally strong and maintain honor. The forces of evil want you to be aggressive and not think properly. It is a hero's duty to resist the temptation to-

Kevin
(yawns loudly)
Sweet crap, you're more boring in person than on screen.
(losing patience)
Did you like the movie? Yes or no.

Hiro
The purpose of-

Kevin
(angrier)
Yes or no.

Hiro
No.

Kevin
Fine. To recap, I liked it. Hiro didn't. I want to thank Hiro Nakamura for being on the show. I wish him luck saving the world as dully as possible.

A lion roars from off camera.

Kevin
(incredulous)
You put a lion on the set.

Hiro
(smiling)
And he's hungry.

Hiro disappears from his seat. The roar gets louder.

Kevin
(frozen in place)
I hope to see you next time on Going To The Movies. Someone call animal control.

No comments: